Friday, January 27, 2006

Chartered FAB7 and AMD FAB36 in high gear

FABTECH reports here that AMD will kick in Chartered FAB7 production earlier than forecasted. Chartered has increased its capacity to 15000 wafer starts per month. It may start cranking out AMD64 in Q2.

FABTECH also reported that AMD's recent offering of $500 million stock is for the ramping up of its own FAB36.

To me, this is proof that AMD got some serious demand (<-GOOG) and I am quite confident on this analysis.

I predicted 40% maket share for AMD exiting 2006 and gave more details here.

$160/07/01

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"$160/07/01"

What is this that was at the bottom of the blog? Are you predicting $160 for AMD by the beginning of 2007?

Wouldn't 40% of the market share be something like 100 million chips? Can AMD produce that much even with the ramping at two fabs?

Sniderbrothers

10:19 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Sharikou, Ph. D. said...

One of the purposes of this journal is for me to archive and analyse the information I collected on the computing industry. Based on my analysis, I have made very accurate projections which I used to execute trades on related equities, I'd be foolish if I don't. For instance, I accurately predicted that AMD 4Q05 would show a growth of 25-40%, and INTEL would show a sharp decline. Armed with such projections with a high level of confidence, against the wall street's upgrade of INTEL and downgrade of AMD, I was able to gain substantially on Jan 17,18,19. I'd like to share my insight with others. Sometimes I make notes in my entries only for my own reference. Please disregard them.

10:52 AM, January 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home