Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Paul and Mike phone conversation

Paul: Mike, are you there?

Mike: Yes, how may I help you?

Paul: I heard the AMD news from Taiwan, we have gone through this drill many times before, how much do you want?

Mike: Paul, this time is different. Look, Opteron is taking 38.2% of the 4 way server market, my share dropped 15%. Those are lucrative items, I need to sell 500 Celeron servers to make up the loss of one 4 way box...

Paul: I know. But remember, we still got the money.

Mike: No, it's not the money, we are losing market there in the enterprise market, Wall Street crooks expect us to grow revenue and market forever, it is not just a matter of profits. We are a 80 billion company, we have to show good growth.

Paul: I promise you Dempsey is going to kick Opteron's rear.

Mike: Sorry, we have seen it and it's not good enough, frankly we haven't solved the Paxville heat problem yet...

Paul: Come on, I told you to learn to use drills, days of screw drivers alone are over...

Mike: Well, we are a screw driver company and we are proud of our business model, sir, AMD Opteron is fast and cool, and we can place orders right now. Let me wake Honhai CEO over the phone...

Paul: OK, OK, I can offer Dempsey to you at 51% of the regular price....

Mike: Sorry, Paul, I got a coneference call in two minutes, can I call you back?

Paul: 35%....

Mike: Got to go...

Paul: 20%....

Mike: Deal!

Paul: You SOB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home