Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Real men have Opterons

SUN dominates the workstation market with Opteron. The era of cheapo and underperforming INTEL PCes as "workstations" is about to end. SUN's Opteron boxes redefines class, raw power, reliability and prestige. If your time is precious, you should get an Opteron workstation that can keep up with the speed of your brain.

According to this report, SUN owns 59% of the workstation market and is on exponential growth curve. SUN shipped 15,000 Opteron workstations in Q3 2005. In comparision, DELL has only 8% of the workstation market with INTEL Xeon inside.

In January 2006, in a single deal with the Mexico Ministry Of Education, SUN sold $400 million of Opteron powered Sun Ultra 20 workstations to Mexico's public schools. The story was that initially there were only bids with INTEL CPUs, after learning about the bid, SUN quickly moved in, and beat INTEL offerings hands down with the Opteron. SUN' President & COO Jonathan Schwartz made a quick trip to Mexico, apparently for signing this deal.

My Athlon 64 PC is no match to the SUN Opteron workstations the Mexican teachers are using. I think I will get a SUN Opteron workstation myself, just to show my time is precious and I command the computing power that matches my brain power, as I doze at my desk.

Cute little Apple boxes with 32 bit Core Duo are for ladies.

Real men have Opterons.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I agree with your Sun Opteron workstations statement, I like Sun HW, HP Opteron workstations are not bad, actually I think HP probably is cheaper and they are not new arrivals to the workstation market.

For instance check the HP xw9300 Opteron workstation:
HP xw9300

not bad, eh?

6:57 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Sharikou, Ph. D. said...

The HP one is not bad at all. But I like the SUN one looks more hi-tech.

8:08 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Eddie said...

I would prefer a Workstation designed by Andy Bechtolsheim to any Hewlett Packard "design by comittee" thing.

This is what I told my roommate (a lady): The Core Duo only has half the computing power of a Turion. She said that I was exagerating, and I replied: "A Core Duo basically is the same sh*** than a single core, but at 32 bits. Since I can do twice the bits at roughly the same speed, I have double the computing power.

When the dual turions show up in the Marketplace, they will be a mind boggling 4 times more powerful than the dual dissapointers

3:42 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger jane said...

Used your unique style, use your pandora high-tech material, you quickly broke into the people’s heartpandora. Ten years later, we believe you will become more and more advanced and still very popular.
In everyone’s life, there are several of ten years.pandora Ten years, neither short nor long. But, ten years, arePandora Jewelry enough to change everything,pandora bracelets the people, the things. Everything always can’t escape the time’s washing, evenpandora bracelets though Chanel shoes. Ten years, it’s enough to change its modeling. However, we firmly believe that its unique pandora necklacestyle we never change.
pandora bracelets canada
pandora jewelry canada
pandora bracelet
pandora beads canada
pandora bracelets and charms
pandora jewelry toronto
wedding jewelry
pandora jewelry sale
pandora charms cheap
pandora charms sale
disney pandora charms
pandora jewelry charms
Pandora Online Store
pandora charms online
pandora jewelry stores

6:17 PM, August 12, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home